13 January 2011

Getting Started...

My son and my friend both asked me.

"Have you started a blog yet?"

"Well, no. Not really. I mean, I've thought about it, but..."

Trailing off, I realized I was intimidated by the whole idea. I mean, I have a business. Horses to ride. Lessons to teach. I'm writing a book. I'd rather be outdoors. I have a three legged Great Dane with cancer. My cat is old. I don't get much sleep. And right now, at this very moment, that dog is haaaaaaaaaanging her head on my shoulder demanding dinner.

I'll be right back!

- - -

Six cups of kibble and a scoop of cottage cheese and she's one happy camper.

So! Getting started was all about excuses. I found a million of them. In the end, though, I called that kid of mine and asked the obvious questions:

   Where should I blog?
                  How do I blog?
                           How do people find me and who will read the silly thing, anyway?

With his usual infinite patience, he steered me here. To this cyber-space-place that I don't quite yet understand. I found an appropriate photograph, I messed around with the space and came up with this design. I'm not sure I like it.

But at least I'm getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment